Check out the video above to see me making an Easy Caprese Panini
When it comes to making a quick and healthy sandwich, you can't go wrong with a Tomato Mozzarella Panini or a Balsamic Glazed Caprese Salad Sandwich. Made with fresh ingredients and a few simple seasonings, this sandwich is perfect for a light lunch or dinner on a warm summer day. In this blog, we will show you how to make this delicious sandwich using French bread, fresh mozzarella cheese, olive oil, vinegar (optional), lemon pepper, and sea salt. Plus, we will be using the Cuisinart GR-150P1 GR-150 Griddler Deluxe to make this sandwich even more amazing!
- French bread -When it comes to making a panini, you want to choose a bread that is sturdy enough to hold up to grilling and won't get too soggy. Here are some great bread options for making a panini:
- Ciabatta: This Italian bread is perfect for panini because of its crispy crust and soft, airy interior.
- Focaccia: This flatbread has a soft texture and is great for absorbing flavor from the fillings.
- Sourdough: This bread has a tangy flavor and a chewy texture, which makes it perfect for panini.
- Baguette: This long, thin bread is great for panini because it has a crispy crust and a soft interior.
- Multigrain bread: This hearty bread is great for adding texture and flavor to your panini.
No matter what type of bread you choose, it's important to slice it thinly so that it can cook evenly on the grill. You can also brush the bread with olive oil or butter before grilling to give it a crispy, golden crust.
- Fresh Mozzarella cheese -When it comes to making a panini, you want to choose a cheese that will melt well and complement the other ingredients in your sandwich. Here are some great cheese options for making a panini:
- Mozzarella: This Italian cheese is a classic choice for panini because it melts easily and has a mild flavor that won't overpower the other ingredients.
- Provolone: This Italian cheese is similar to mozzarella but has a slightly sharper flavor, which makes it great for pairing with meats and other strong flavors.
- Fontina: This Italian cheese has a nutty flavor and melts well, making it a great choice for panini.
- Gouda: This Dutch cheese has a creamy texture and a slightly sweet, nutty flavor that pairs well with a variety of ingredients. It's so good ahhh!
- Brie: This French cheese has a soft, creamy texture and a mild flavor that pairs well with fruit and other sweet ingredients in a panini.
No matter what type of cheese you choose, it's important to slice it thinly so that it can melt evenly in the sandwich. You can also experiment with different combinations of cheeses to create a unique and delicious panini.
- Olive oil –When it comes to making a panini, using the right type of olive oil can make a big difference in the flavor of your sandwich. Here are some types of olive oil that are good for making a panini:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: This is the highest quality olive oil, made from cold-pressed olives. It has a fruity, peppery flavor that can add depth to the flavor of your panini.
- Virgin Olive Oil: This is also made from cold-pressed olives, but it has a milder flavor than extra virgin olive oil. It's a good choice if you don't want the olive oil flavor to be too strong in your panini.
- Light Olive Oil: This is a more refined olive oil that has a lighter color and a milder flavor than extra virgin or virgin olive oil. It's a good choice if you want the benefits of olive oil without the strong flavor.
When using olive oil for making a panini, it's important to brush the bread lightly with the oil to prevent it from getting too greasy. You can also add other flavors to the olive oil, such as garlic or herbs, to add extra flavor to your panini.
- Vinegar (optional)When it comes to adding vinegar to a panini, balsamic vinegar is a popular choice. Balsamic vinegar is a sweet and tangy vinegar made from grapes and aged in wooden barrels. It has a complex flavor that can add depth to the flavor of your panini.To use balsamic vinegar on a panini, you can mix it with a bit of olive oil and brush it onto the bread before grilling. You can also drizzle a bit of balsamic vinegar over the fillings of your panini before grilling, or use it as a dipping sauce for your sandwich.Other types of vinegar that can be used on a panini include red wine vinegar and apple cider vinegar. These vinegars have a sharper flavor than balsamic vinegar and can be used to add a tangy flavor to your panini. However, they may not be as well-suited to the sweet and savory flavors typically found in a panini as balsamic vinegar.
- Lemon pepper
- Sea salt
- Preheat the Cuisinart GR-150P1 GR-150 Griddler Deluxe on the Panini setting.
- Slice the French bread into thin slices and brush each side with olive oil.
- Slice the fresh mozzarella cheese into thin slices and place them on top of one slice of bread.
- Add sliced tomatoes on top of the mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with lemon pepper and sea salt.
- Top with the other slice of bread and place the sandwich on the griddler.
- Close the griddler and cook the sandwich for about 4-5 minutes or until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.
- While the sandwich is cooking, you can prepare the balsamic glaze by mixing balsamic vinegar with a bit of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt.
- Once the sandwich is done, remove it from the griddler and drizzle the balsamic glaze on top.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
If you prefer a cold sandwich, you can also turn this into a Balsamic Glazed Caprese Salad Sandwich. Simply omit the Panini setting on the griddler and assemble the sandwich using the same ingredients. Once the sandwich is assembled, drizzle the balsamic glaze on top and serve cold.
In conclusion, the Tomato Mozzarella Panini or Balsamic Glazed Caprese Salad Sandwich is a quick, healthy, and delicious sandwich that's perfect for warm summer days. With only a few ingredients and the Cuisinart GR-150P1 GR-150 Griddler Deluxe, you can create a restaurant-quality sandwich in no time. Give it a try and let us know how you like it!