Stuffed Portobello Mushroom using ingredients from home, HungryRoot and my Tovala Oven.
Portobello stuffed mushrooms are a delicious and healthy meal that can be prepared using ingredients from the Hungryroot subscription box and cooked using a Tovala oven. In this guide, we will provide step-by-step instructions on how to make portobello stuffed mushrooms using these tools.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 1/2 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup of chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup of diced red onion
- 1/2 cup of diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of diced celery
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat the Tovala oven to 400°F.
- Remove the stems from the portobello mushrooms and use a spoon to scrape out the gills from the underside of the mushroom caps.
- In a small saucepan, bring the vegetable broth to a boil. Add the quinoa and reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the quinoa is fully cooked.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, red onion, bell pepper, and celery. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the shredded carrots and chopped spinach to the skillet and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Once the quinoa is fully cooked, fluff it with a fork and add it to the skillet with the vegetables. Mix well and season with salt and black pepper.
- Divide the quinoa and vegetable mixture evenly among the four portobello mushroom caps, filling them to the top.
- In a small bowl, mix together the grated parmesan cheese and panko breadcrumbs. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of each stuffed mushroom.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms on a baking sheet and place in the Tovala oven. Cook for 12-15 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender and the topping is golden brown.
- Remove the stuffed mushrooms from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
This recipe makes four servings of delicious and healthy portobello stuffed mushrooms. The combination of quinoa and vegetables makes for a filling and nutritious meal that is perfect for any occasion. With the use of the Tovala oven and ingredients from the Hungryroot subscription box, this recipe is both easy to make and packed with flavor.
You can also switch up the recipe in any way you like. In the video I did use different ingredients. To cook this I used Hungry Root Subscription groceries, Portobello Mushrooms, Marinara Sauce, Onions, Broccoli, Spinach Garlic Chicken Sausage, Olive Oil and Mozzarella Cheese. You can easily substitute any of the ingredients with your favorites.
here are several reasons why someone might choose to use Hungryroot, a popular meal delivery service that offers healthy, plant-based, and personalized meal options:
- Convenience: One of the biggest benefits of using Hungryroot is the convenience it offers. With pre-prepared meals and easy-to-cook ingredients, you can save time and effort in the kitchen while still enjoying healthy and delicious meals.
- Personalization: Hungryroot offers a personalized meal plan based on your dietary preferences, allergies, and nutritional goals. This means that you can choose meals that fit your specific needs and preferences, making it easier to maintain a healthy and balanced diet.
- High-quality ingredients: Hungryroot sources high-quality, whole food ingredients for their meals, including fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins. This means that you can be confident that the meals you are eating are nutritious and healthy.
- Variety: With a wide range of meal options to choose from, including vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options, Hungryroot offers a lot of variety to keep your meals interesting and flavorful.
- Sustainable: Hungryroot is committed to sustainability and uses eco-friendly packaging and sources ingredients from sustainable and responsible suppliers.
Overall, Hungryroot offers a convenient, personalized, and sustainable meal delivery service that can help you maintain a healthy and balanced diet while still enjoying delicious and flavorful meals.
There are several reasons why someone might choose to use a Tovala oven instead of a conventional oven:
- Time-saving: Tovala ovens are designed to cook food faster than conventional ovens. They use a combination of steam and convection cooking to speed up the cooking process, which means you can prepare meals more quickly.
- Convenience: Tovala ovens come with pre-programmed cooking settings for a wide range of meals, making it easy to cook meals with just the touch of a button. This takes the guesswork out of cooking, making it easier to prepare meals.
- Versatility: Tovala ovens can be used for a wide range of cooking tasks, including baking, broiling, toasting, and roasting. They also have a built-in scanner that can read the barcodes on pre-packaged meals, automatically setting the correct cooking time and temperature.
- Energy-efficient: Tovala ovens are more energy-efficient than conventional ovens, as they use steam cooking to keep food moist and reduce the cooking time. This can help to reduce your energy bills and your carbon footprint.
- Healthy cooking: Tovala ovens use steam cooking to help preserve the nutrients and flavors of food. This means that you can enjoy healthier meals that are packed with flavor.
Overall, Tovala ovens offer a range of benefits over conventional ovens, including time-saving, convenience, versatility, energy-efficiency, and healthy cooking. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for your family, a Tovala oven can help you prepare delicious and healthy meals with ease.