Having an AirBnB is lucrative, but cleaning it can be stressful. In the video above I am getting my AirBnB or Furnished Finder unit ready for the next guest. I also give a tour of my AirBnB/Furnished Finder unit and show what I clean. This applies even if you are renting for mid term renters, for example Furnished Finders or other short term rental platforms. Most of my clients happen to be Travel Nurses and I book using Furnished Finders more than with AirBnB. Mid term rentals are rentals that are 30 days or more. Short term rental stays are less than 30 days.
Cleaning an Airbnb property is a crucial aspect of maintaining a positive guest experience and receiving high ratings. It is also essential for ensuring the health and safety of guests, especially in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. Here are some steps to follow when cleaning an Airbnb property:
- Start with a plan: Before beginning the cleaning process, it is essential to create a plan that outlines the areas of the property that need to be cleaned and the cleaning supplies that will be required. This plan should be based on the size of the property, the number of guests, and the length of their stay.
- Gather cleaning supplies: The cleaning supplies that you will need will depend on the type of surfaces and items in your Airbnb. Generally, you will need cleaning products such as all-purpose cleaner, glass cleaner, disinfectant, and toilet bowl cleaner. You will also need cleaning tools like microfiber cloths, scrub brushes, sponges, gloves, and a vacuum cleaner.
- Declutter and remove garbage: Start by decluttering and removing any trash from the property. Empty all the trash cans, replace liners, and dispose of the garbage. Check for any leftover food or personal items left behind by the previous guests and dispose of them accordingly.
- Clean surfaces and floors: Use an all-purpose cleaner to clean all surfaces like tables, countertops, shelves, and cabinets. Use a microfiber cloth to wipe down all surfaces and make sure to clean any fingerprints or stains. Use glass cleaner to clean windows, mirrors, and other glass surfaces. Mop or vacuum the floors as necessary.
- Clean bathrooms: Bathrooms are particularly important to clean thoroughly. Use a toilet bowl cleaner to clean the toilet bowl and a disinfectant to clean the rest of the bathroom, including the sink, shower, and tub. Scrub the grout and tiles and make sure to remove any hair or debris. Also, clean any mirrors and glass surfaces.
- Clean the kitchen: The kitchen is another important area to clean thoroughly. Clean all surfaces like the countertops, sink, stove, and refrigerator using an all-purpose cleaner. Wipe down any spills or stains in the microwave or oven. Clean any dishes and utensils left behind by the previous guests, and make sure to empty the dishwasher.
- Wash linens and towels: After each guest, wash all linens and towels, including bedding, bath towels, hand towels, and kitchen towels. Use hot water and a detergent that has disinfectant properties. Make sure to dry them completely before putting them back on the beds or in the bathroom.
- Disinfect high-touch areas: It is essential to disinfect high-touch areas such as doorknobs, light switches, remote controls, and other surfaces that guests may touch frequently. Use a disinfectant spray or wipes and make sure to allow the disinfectant to sit for the recommended time before wiping it off.
- Ventilate the property: After cleaning the property, open all the windows and doors to ventilate the space well. Sometimes an Ozone generator is helpful to remove stubborn odors.
- Remove all couch cushions and check for items and vacuume the couches, chairs and other furnishings. Also check the floors behind the furniture.
- Don't forget to check Microwaves, refrigerators, closets and all cabinets and drawers. Check not only for debris but also items that may have been left behind by a previous guest.
- Quarterly, I will wash the exterior windows and screens. Cleaning the windows and screens will dramatically make the space look and feel cleaner.
- Don't forget to clean the doors! Be sure your guest is greeted with a clean door. First impressions last forever!
Happy Hosting! Running a short term or mid term rental can be very rewarding. You get to meet so many new people. The increased income potential, flexibility, lower wear and tear, increased exposure, and tax benefits all make it an attractive investment. However, it is important to note that running a rental property requires a significant amount of time, effort, and resources. Sometimes you can find yourself stretched thin. Property owners must be prepared to manage the property, market the rental, and handle guest inquiries and issues. With the right approach, however, running a successful rental property can be a profitable and rewarding venture.
Become a host http://www.airbnb.com/r/elizabeths19596
Want to stay at my airBnB? https://airbnb.com/h/moragapark
Furnished Finder Listing: https://www.furnishedfinder.com/property/434097_1
Join my FaceBook Group! https://tinyurl.com/jzvz7tpz