As Mother’s Day approached, I found myself in a familiar position: trying to find the perfect gift for my wonderful mom. Despite my best efforts to plan ahead, I always seem to end up scrambling at the last minute to find something special that she will love.
This year, however, I decided to try something different. Instead of heading to the mall or scouring local shops for gift ideas, I turned to the internet for inspiration. After a bit of browsing, I came across a few online stores that specialized in unique and thoughtful Mother’s Day gifts.
One of the first things that caught my eye was a subscription box from a company called Wildgrain. The box was filled with artisanal breads and pastries, and I knew that my mom would love the chance to sample a variety of delicious baked goods each month. I signed up for a three-month subscription and eagerly awaited the first box to arrive.
In addition to the subscription box, I also ordered a bouquet of flowers to be delivered on Mother’s Day itself. I found a reputable florist online and chose a lovely arrangement of pink roses and white lilies.
As the days passed, I continued to search for other gift ideas. I came across a company that offered personalized photo books, and I decided to create a book filled with pictures of my mom and our family over the years. I also found a few other small items, such as a scented candle and a set of fancy teas.
Other cool ideas
- Personalized Jewelry: You could order a piece of jewelry with your mom’s name or initials engraved on it, or even with a special message or date that is meaningful to her.
- Spa Day: Book your mom a day of pampering at a local spa. This could include a massage, facial, or other spa treatments.
- Cooking or Baking Class: If your mom loves to cook or bake, you could sign her up for a class where she can learn new recipes and techniques.
- Subscription Boxes: In addition to the Wildgrain subscription box you already mentioned, there are plenty of other options to choose from, such as beauty products, gourmet snacks, or even books.
- Beauty Box: Subscription boxes that contain makeup, skincare products, and other beauty-related items are a popular choice for many moms. The FabFitFun box is a very popular choice.
- Book Box: For moms who love to read, a subscription box that sends a new book or books each month could be a great choice.
- Food Box: Subscription boxes that feature gourmet foods, snacks, or ingredients can be a fun way for your mom to try new flavors and recipes. Sometimes even meal grocery boxes are fun like Hungry Root.
- Wine Box: For moms who enjoy a good glass of wine, a subscription box that delivers bottles of wine each month could be a great choice.
- Craft Box: If your mom is crafty or enjoys DIY projects, a subscription box that contains supplies and instructions for a new project each month could be a fun and creative gift.
- Clothing Box: Subscription boxes that send clothing items, accessories, or jewelry each month could be a great choice for moms who enjoy fashion. Drape fit is a wonderful subscription box for moms!
- Fitness Box: For moms who enjoy working out or staying active, a subscription box that sends fitness gear, supplements, or workout plans could be a great choice.
- Home Decor Box: Subscription boxes that feature home decor items, such as candles, wall art, or accent pieces, could be a great choice for moms who love to decorate their homes.
- Pet Box: If your mom is a pet lover, a subscription box that sends treats, toys, and other pet-related items each month could be a great choice.
- Stationery Box: For moms who love to write or send cards, a subscription box that sends stationery, cards, and other paper goods could be a great choice.
- Virtual Experience: With many in-person events still on hold due to the pandemic, consider booking your mom a virtual experience, such as a cooking class or wine tasting.
- Personalized Artwork: If your mom is an art lover, consider commissioning a piece of artwork specifically for her. You could work with a local artist or find someone online who specializes in personalized pieces.
You can also buy a DYI Kit to do together on Mothers day.
- DIY Gift: Get creative and make a DIY gift for your mom. This could be anything from a photo album to a scrapbook to a homemade candle.
- Handmade Photo Frame: Make a special photo frame for your mom by decorating a plain wooden frame with paint, glitter, or other embellishments. You can also add a special photo of the two of you together to make it extra meaningful.
- Hand-Stamped Tea Towels: Personalize a set of tea towels for your mom by using fabric paint and stamps to create unique designs or add a special message. Or you can embroider your own.
- Homemade Candle: Make a candle for your mom using wax, essential oils, and a wick. You can also add in dried flowers, herbs, or other scents to make it extra special.
- Hand-Painted Flower Pot: Buy a plain terra cotta flower pot and paint it with your own design. You can also add a plant or flower inside to make it a complete gift.
- Memory Jar: Fill a jar with special memories or moments you have shared with your mom. You can write these memories on small pieces of paper or even include photos or other mementos. This is a thoughtful gift that your mom can treasure for years to come.
- Outdoor Gear: If your mom enjoys spending time outdoors, consider getting her some new gear such as a backpack, hiking boots, or a new bike.
- Online Course: If your mom has expressed interest in learning a new skill, consider signing her up for an online course. This could be anything from a language course to a photography class. Click here for a painting course.
- Donation: If your mom is passionate about a particular cause, consider making a donation in her name to a relevant charity or organization.
When Mother’s Day finally arrived, I was relieved and excited to see all of my gifts come together. My mom was thrilled with the bouquet of flowers and immediately put them in a vase on the kitchen table. She was also delighted with the first box from Wildgrain, and we spent the afternoon sampling different breads and pastries over tea.
As the day went on, my mom continued to open her other gifts. She was touched by the personalized photo book and spent hours looking through it, reminiscing about old times and laughing at funny family stories. She also loved the scented candle and the teas, and said that they would be perfect for her afternoon relaxation routine.
Overall, I was thrilled with how my online shopping had turned out. Despite my initial hesitation about buying gifts online, I found that it was actually a great way to find unique and thoughtful items that my mom would love. In fact, I plan to continue shopping online for future occasions, and I can’t wait to see what other treasures I discover along the way!
Leave a Reply